What makes a good QA/Test Manager?
QA/Test Managers are
- familiar with the software development process
- able to maintain enthusiasm of their team and promote a positive atmosphere
- able to promote teamwork to increase productivity
- able to promote cooperation between Software and Test/QA Engineers
- have the people skills needed to promote improvements in QA processes
- have the ability to withstand pressures and say *no* to other managers when quality is insufficient or QA processes are not being adhered to
- able to communicate with technical and non-technical people
- able to run meetings and keep them focused.